Get a Kick Out of the 2009 Martial Arts Extravaganza to Benefit Enable Inc.!
Join us on Sunday, January 25th, 2009 for the Fifth Annual Martial Arts Extravaganza.
Learn more about Enable Inc., the focus of this year's Martial Arts Extravaganza.
Our martial arts students have worked hard all year, not only raising money for Enable, but for their exciting martial arts performance. Come watch their talents, enjoy refreshments, learn more about Enable and support a great cause!
Everyone is someone’s child. The adults that Enable help are often without a family. Enable runs several group homes in various New Jersey communities. With the help of Enable, residents live the most productive and fulfilling lives possible.
Enable provides assistance for children and adults with disabilities such as cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy. They have supporters like us raise money to help with the necessary basic needs that we take for granted. They provide in home service and support to try and facilitate disabled people in the community to live independently. They assist people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities to live independently in their own apartments and homes. Enable also provides respite care to family care-givers. Our job through Martial Arts with Hearts is to try to raise enough money to help Enable construct modifications to homes for these disabled people. The already challenging lives of these people will be made a little easier with your assistance.
With the funds raised we will be able to provide:
- wheelchair ramps
- stair glides
- wheelchair accessible doorways
- handicapped equipped bathrooms and first floor bedrooms
- concrete walkways so that they can easily maneuver their wheelchairs without jumping over broken concrete
- Enable Inc. supports individuals with disabilities to live full and independent lives
- Promote individual choice that reflects what is meaningful to each person served and his or her family
- Provide services, supports, programs, and living arrangements that facilitate full inclusion into community life
- They have group homes, in-home services, and services that provide relief for caregivers